The KGB ny1 Guitar made for Ken G Barras fingerstyle guitarist.
Guitar made for fingerstyle playing, comfort while standing, acoustic volume and amplified acoustic tone
Found that if you capo the 12th fret it virtually turns into a 6 string ukulele. Stays in tune right to the 24th fret.
From the players perspective the guitar has a loud full tone even with the slim body. It was tested along side other guitars and was on par with bigger /standard sized body shapes when strummed. Even louder than one factory made classical shaped guitar( the body was twice as deep)
- Custom designed by KGB
- Solid Cedar wood top with hardwood custom bracing.
- Sound hole at the side with Internal baffling for Bass response to the player and anti feedback.
- Back and sides Mahogany. Domed back tapering 70mm lower to 60mm upper bout
- Laminated neck (tulip/poplar-mahogany-oak-mahogany-tulip/poplar) no truss rod.
- Mondave Guitars 'Open Hand' Logos
- Custom neck back profile for KGB, a little thicker than normal with 48mm zero fret. 20" radiused.
- Rosewoood fingerboard with blue waves and open hand logo inlay
- Head stock laminated Rosewood-Tuilp Wood-Rosewood
- Frets high profile pyramid nickel chrome.
- 24 frets (15th to the body)
- Classical guitar tuners
- LaBella medium/high tension strings
- 18 hole darkened oak bridge with blue sparkle wood inlay
- Clear high gloss polyurethane finished
- LSM Mic/Undersaddle pickup, with volume and blend controls. Preset tone.